The new Regional Jobs Precinct, was a ‘really big drawcard for the region, not only for jobs but also new housing.’
“This is a very important initiative and announcement. We look forward to delivering the precinct in line with both the Government’s vision at both the residential and commercial estates underway at South Jerrabomberra and North Tralee”.
Village Building will soon submit a development application to council for earthworks on the site. This will include the South Jerrabomberra road network, fibre optics and other infrastructure.
“We’ve now sold more than 420 blocks of land at South Jerra. We’re now out of stock and we’ll be bringing forward our next release during the next couple of months, including a DA for the next 630 homes”.
“We can’t keep up with demand at the moment,” he said. “It’s really outstanding.”
The announcement was made at a formal event on Friday 5 March 2021. NSW Deputy Premier and Member for Monaro, The Hon. John Barilaro said at the event, “The NSW Government is rolling out Regional Job Precincts to drive investment, improve planning outcomes and create new job opportunities, to promote a safer and stronger regional NSW.”
Key points of the announcement:
- South Jerrabomberra was the perfect choice for the third Regional Job Precinct due to its access to skilled workers and industry alignment with the recently refreshed 20-Year Economic Vision for Regional NSW.
- A key component of the announcement is to create job opportunities in this region.
- The Government will work with the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council to focus on industries already identified as part of existing innovation precinct, which includes:
- space and cyber-security
- information technology, and
- scientific research sectors.
- A key goal is to provide job opportunities for those already living in NSW or planning a future at South Jerrabomberra. The Government has a goal to make high paying jobs accessible to those who don’t want to cross the ACT border for employment.
- $23 million already invested by the NSW Government to improve infrastructure in the business park.
- Albury and Richmond Valley have already been announced for Regional Job Precincts.
Quotes and citations are the words of The Village Building Co.